Color Focus: Minty

I know what you’re thinking. A mint green. Really? It seemed a little strange to me too but the more I saw this color on the Spring runways, the more I thought this color worked perfectly with the up and coming Art Deco retro inspired trend we are seeing more and more of. It reminded me of the sea green glass shades of the 1920’s. In its day, this color was used in jewelry design, lighting, wall colors and of course fashion. It was if a Tamara de Lempicka painting came to life to inspire us in the here and now. Shown from top left: Christopher Kane runway Spring 2012; Textured leather ankle boots by Burak Uyan at Net-A-Porter; Chanel nail polish in Jade; Mint green shirt by Ralph Lauren Spring 2012; Double school lamp by The French House; Metallic green top and mint green pants by Alexander Wang Spring 2011; Self Portrait in Green Bugatti 1925 by Tamara de Lempicka; Mint green clutch by H & M.

Comments

Popular Posts