Design Focus: Bliss


I love the oval shape. There is something mellow, relaxing and retro about the oval that circles just don’t do. When I designed the pattern “Bliss” for the Lanark Reaction collection a few years ago I was inspired by my own personal affinity for the shape and the current trends I saw on the fashion runways. Bliss is a large-scale vertical stripe design with a repeating oval shape slowly fading into the background. It is subtle and soft; a very useable modern look. Shown from top left: Bliss in Daydream 2-RN-185; White Knockout lamp by Lighten Up Design; Dress by David Koma Fall 2011; Runway inspiration dress from 2008; Earrings by Joanna Gollberg; My own oval diamond platinum engagement ring design; Top by Davis Koma Spring 2011; Vivianna Small Oval watch by Georg Jensen; Table by Ferruccio Laviani LT1 from Porro; Sunset glass light.

Comments

Popular Posts